Oct 12, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #44

Weekend SnapShot

Daughter's Aquarium
Earlier this week was spent setting up my daughter's aquarium at home.
It's her early birthday gift from her grand-uncle.
Her grand uncle and I had fun for a couple of days scouting for fishes,
decorating, and playing with buckets of water!
Apparently we learnt, we can't simply use tap water immediately
and we've got to de-chlorine it for 24hrs before the water is suitable for fishes.

But thinking now, I've been the one feeding and changing the water etc.
So does that make it mine? Did I just gotten myself another chore?!!?
Author of Blog


Email Napaboaniya

23 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

You just gotten another chore! LOL We had one before too but I decided it should go..My little boy was devastated of course. But I don't have any help here these days so, he kind of understand me. good thing, there's a huge aquarium in the lobby so, he was ok with that! :D

eastcoastlife said...

Yes, you definitely have gotten yourself one more chore!!

When you said it belongs to your daughter, I know the big girl in you has a part too. hehe....

Carver said...

That looks like a great aquarium. My daughter had one when she was a girl but I didn't take good enough care of it and between the two of us we didn't seem to be able to keep the fish alive. Here's wishing you and your daughter better luck. Cheers.

SandyCarlson said...

That looks like you had a lot of fun. Those kinds of collaborative gifts are the best--everyone gets to enjoy one way or another.

Lyndon said...

Fish tanks are fun, until you have to clean them. What a pain in the rear, if you know what I mean.

♥peachkins♥ said...

the aquarium looks pretty...wishing lots of fishy fun..

Dora said...

She must be very happy! Happy Birthday to her. Very colourful aquarium. ;)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

haha, that's def an extra chore! but it's really fun watching the fish swimming around, rite!

I've gotten my niece a small aquarium too! i taught her to feed the fish daily. But i am the one to change the water. She's 2 yrs 5 mths now. :)

btw, you've been tagged!! :)

Happy WS!

Juliana said...

nice aquarium

Please drop at my WS post also : in HERE Thanks

Anonymous said...

We have an empty aquarium here. I hope I can find the time to go to the pet store so we could bring life to the aquarium again.

My WS are posted here and here. Please drop by if you have some time. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

that's good in the house, it helps to release your stress just be seated nearer. nice entry. mine is up here hope you've got time to visit. :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha! just focus on those beautiful fish so your new chore will be less of a chore. ;) i bet your daughter's very happy with this birthday present.

have a great week!

Colorful Noodle Soup
Off to the Farm

Anonymous said...

wow, so many fishes. i guess you have another chore in your hand. but i think that would be a nice way to teach your daughter about responsibility. i read somewhere that having pets make kids know how to be responsible.

my ws entry is posted here. hope you can visit. have a great week! thanks.

chartao said...

Woah..so pretty...and so many fishes..

dun it make changing water difficult?

Gemma Wiseman said...

I think you do have another chore! Maybe even including to remind your daughter to notice them! But hey! They do look so very beautiful! You should be very proud of your efforts!

Anonymous said...

That is a nice aquarium...TC

tigerfish said...

So your daughter likes fish? It's a "high-maintenance" birthday gift. Means more work! :O

Unknown said...

my girls have been asking me for the same for a long time now. we have a very limited space in our townhouse so i kind of thinking to give them even just the little bowl aquarium first. but they want the bigger one!

Anonymous said...

thats a pretty aquarium elaine. but the cleaning is the hard part. =)

Jeanne said...

beautiful aquarium... happy b'day to her

Bengbeng said...

u will find it a most satisfying chore

Anonymous said...

enjoy your new chore..it can get tedious but you'll find that it can be quite therapeutic :)

Shannon said...

yup you have a new chore. they make drops to dechlorinate the water then you only need to wait few hours. enjoy the fish.

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD