Apr 21, 2008

Dengue & HFMD Scare

The flu-bug still lingering in the air? My gal came down suddenly with fever last nite gaining her a day's worth of rest at home today. My entire body seems to sending signals to my brain telling me it's gonna fall apart pretty soon. Bodyaches and simply restless.

The word fever triggers 2 words to me. HFMD & Dengue!

HFMD has been on the rise since the recent months with almost 1000 cases last week. With no specific treatment for hand, foot and mouth disease. Individual symptoms, such as fever, lameness and pain from the sores, may only be eased with the use of medication. Not forgetting the soreness from the blisters . *GULPZ*
Although it's more commonly found in young children, it does also affect adults.
A fellow adult blogger recently suffered from it and was quarantined at his uni's hostel. Not funny!!

Dengue is next on the list, there has been increasing number of mosquitoes recently in my house.
With the government so strict about outburst of dengue we're reminded everywhere in public with posters that scream out "If They Breed, You Bleed".
Water checks are made regularly at home from our vases to plant plates but all seem dry with no signs of breeding mosquitoes. So where the hell does these mosquitoes come from?I live on the 7th floor and sometimes I wonder how the mosquitoes fly up so high...
My conclusion - Super flying mosquitoes!!
I was scratching like a monkey yesterday with bites on my hands and legs. All attempts to whack the flying monster always fail!! Mosquitoes patches bought from the pharmacy doesn't seem to work except making me smell strongly of citrus.
Which gets my son asking "mom, you smell like orange!!!"

These 2 illness please stay away from my household. Janelle's having her examinations soon. Missing classes and falling sick will probably cause her already pathetic grades to suffer further.....*pulls.hair*

My APAD #40 & WW(Mon Edition) here

Napaboaniya APAD

11 Divulge:

Eds said...

hey thanks for adding me! can you please add my other blog too?

http://edsnanquil.com?

I'm adding you now! :)

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder who could that fellow adult blogger be, hmmm? Haha.

My advise would be to stay away from crowded places as much as possible and wash hands more often. And try not to touch the nose or mouth too much if possible. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about hehahaha.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@JS,

My post today serves a painful reminder to your ordeal! :P Everyday the news report numerous cases of HFMD until it's freaking me out.

~Ling~ said...

Hi Elaine,

Could you drop by my blog to collect something, I have a surprise for you (^^,)

InspiredMumof2 said...

Terrible HFMD. I'm not so worried about dengue, as our area here have pest control and fogging regularly. But HFMD, my kids got them once from old dirty pre-school. They lost so much weight after having "fatten" them up.

Have a hand sanitizer at home handy. Anybody comes home from outside, sanitize!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@inspiredmumof2,
Scary with the HFMD spreading like wild fire recently. Cases reported at my son's school too. Keeping fingers cross now :P
I kiasu until changed all my home hand soap to dettol instead of the normal fragrance range.

J@n!ce said...

Hope ur gal gets will too. My elder boy has running nose & the younger one is down with cough now... haiz :(

Bengbeng said...

i hope she is much better now

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@janice & beng,

She's better already, hopping around driving me nuts :P Thanks!

Heart of Rachel said...

I'm sorry to know that you're not feeling well. I hope you get well soon.

I'm so paranoid about dengue fever so I always spray our surroundings with insect repellent and I always apply mosquito repellent on my son.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@Rachel,

We are both ok now :) Thanks for the well wishes.
Seems like dengue is scaring the wits outta people these days.. *sigh*

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD