Apr 13, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #18

Weekend SnapShot


Playground @ Big Splash



I wanted a ride on those, the vendor stared hard at me like I was an idiot.
No need for motor license.No Traffic Light. No Accidents Involved.
2 Bucks for 5 minutes.

Saw this while we were there.
Can anyone imagine a 90year old hopping like a kangaroo?!?!
My 2 kiddos persuaded me into allowing them act like kangaroos the next trip there.

We also went to the temple sometime this week for ChingMing Festival.
A festival for Chinese to pay respects and grave sweep our deceased ancestors. Since none of my deceased relatives/ancestors were buried. We went to their final resting place at a temple.
Though armed with the camera in hand, I didn't want to be disrespectful in taking the pictures inside the hall. All I took was a photo taken of 3 Chinese words engraved on a signboard just at the entrance of the Tablet(Memorial) Hall. Words - 思先堂 which means "Memory Hall of Ancestors".






Napaboaniya APAD

24 Divulge:

Natalie said...

I'm totally intrigued by those Kangaroo boots...I want to try them. LOL!

Carver said...

Looks like your children were having a lot of fun. Good weekend snapshots and also interesting to learn about the ChingMing Festival.

tigerfish said...

90 yrs old?! You sure?! *toint toint*

Anonymous said...

wanna go there....!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am really the most clumsy person you'll ever know ;) But that sure do looks intriguing.

SandyCarlson said...

Some vendors aren't any fun at all! But those kiddies are. That festival sound very nice.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Oh, I want to hop like a kangaroo!!

maryt/theteach said...

Elaine, $2. for 5 minutes... expensive. But a lot of fun, I think! I'd do it! :D

Pretty Life Online said...

interesting one! thanks for sharing... mine's up too hope you can drop by.

Unknown said...

Very interesting, hehehehe. Would love to ride too :)


Great weekend snapshots!

Anonymous said...

ooohhh... exciting and playful weekend! looks u enjoy the weekend!

mine is up too
http://www.pinoynetwork.org/vera
happy ws! see yah!

Anonymous said...

it would be real fun to try it, and yes, kind of expensive, but so worth trying,

Anna said...

Looks like they're having fun...Great shot thanks for sharing...

Mine is up:
My Newphew's Scrap Place
Scrap Addict Fever

Anonymous said...

I love that "suitable for ages 5 - 90" in kangaroo jumps!

My weekend snapshots are now up, too! If you have time, please check it out here, here and here. Thanks. Have a great week ahead.

chartao said...

hmm..looked fun but i think the motorcycle is too small for me! :(

Bengbeng said...

i agree with u abt the being respectful when it comes to taking shots.. occasionally i refrain too

escape said...

that kangaroo jump surely makes happy faces. driving that mini motorbike is fun. hehehe...

Anonymous said...

i miss riding on scooters. i used to have one and rode it to and from school. :)

but i would really want to try those boots! looks like fun! :)

MyMemes: Beauty Pageant
MyFinds: Capt. Mario's

Anonymous said...

i would love to ride those scooters, too! it looks like so much fun. :) i look forward to the "kangaroo pics" soon. hee hee!

Mapped Memories
Cafe Munchkin

Jeanne said...

very interesting....:)

Anonymous said...

thats cute ride...

DeLi said...

i dig the red! and i love to ride that bike!

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

the kangoo jump look interesting! i would like to try! :P


Jean Chia

Heart of Rachel said...

Cool little motorcycles.

Those Kangoo Jumps look very interesting. Funny sign that says suitable for 5-90 yrs. old. :)

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD