Jul 3, 2008

I am so...

....doomed next month!!!
House helper is intending to head home for a month long vacation. I'll be stuck with laundry, housework chores, cooking etc!!!
Yikes!!! Chores aside, but waking up at 6am every school day to prepare the kids for school is THE nightmare for me...

I'm a light sleeper, unlike my helper she's able to fall right back to dreamland the moment the kids set off to school. I can't!! Once I'm awake..that's it. My eyes would be wide open and drifting back to la la land is mission IMPOSSIBLE.
She always head home for 1 month long vacation every 2 years. I've survived them all, but it's a first time for me to wake up at 6am!!!Why didn't she request to head home during the month long school vacation in June?!?!! DUH!

Another nightmare, is the bill for long distance calls that follows after her return. Throughout the entire month, both kids and I would be calling her practically everyday. The very last trip home, the trunk calls shot up to a 4 digit bill. Ironically enough for the entire 4 of us in the family to fly to her country and stay with her for the month. Double DUH!

I'm dreading the phone call to the travel agent to book her air ticket....

Author of Blog

Napaboaniya APAD

8 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

chok lei ho wan!!! hahahhahahah!!!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@AO,
Which part of your body itching for me to hantum???? Your friend here want to long.piak liow hor!!

escape said...

best thing maybe is to hire a temporary helper.

eastcoastlife said...

My helper going back for good in September. Headache got to find a new one. So cham. sigh....

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@eastcoastlife,

You've got the nitemare of re-training another helper *GULPZ*!!!

eastcoastlife said...

Yalor!!! Getting a new helper is just as headache, have to go through the training all over again!! *tears my hair out*

Good exercise for you lah. hehe...

maryt/theteach said...

Oh, Oh I feel so bad for you, Elaine! I have cleaning people that come in every 3 weeks, otherwise no help!! Ha! :) No, no I'm joking! No one should have to do all the work and get up early...

Anonymous said...

You must be quite close with your helper. I hope you don't get too behind on sleep. I don't sleep to great either.

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD