Jan 27, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #7

Weekend SnapShot






Making Chinese New Year Goodies - 'Kok Zai'

*Please excuse the bad picture quality, they were taken with my cellphone*


Kok Zai(cantonese) - Fried dough with fried peanuts,sesame seed & sugar as fillings.
Brought the kids to their paternal grandparents house. They were making chinese new year goodies. I didn't help much, I ended up mostly playing nanny to my baby niece *smilez*
Ok ok, I did help a tiny bit..... I placed the finished product into the containers. I helped hor!! :P

Why does the weekend pass so fast and the weekdays simply crawl by?

38 Divulge:

Liz said...

Kok Zai sounds yummy. Happy WS.

Anonymous said...

Interesting and those look yummy. Should I email you my address? lol

Have a great week ahead.

SandyCarlson said...

Happy New Year! These look delicious, cell phone, cellophane and all!

Heart of Rachel said...

Those look really delectable! They remind me of small empanadas we have here.

Anonymous said...

These look like dumplings. Our dumpling have meat inside. Tasty but oily since its deep-fried.

My WS entries will be up Monday am Philippine time :)

Have a great week!

maryt/theteach said...

Ooohh! sonds dee-lish! Happy New Year! And have a good weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember I tried something like this when I was in Singapore! :) Happy WS!

Anonymous said...

It'll be Chinese New Year a few days from now. Happy New Year! :) Looks yummy!

Happy WS :)

Caroline said...

Sounds yummy. Wonder where I can try some around here.

My WS will be up later tonight.

Juliana said...

YUMMY :D Just counting down Chinese New Year ;)

My Weekend Snapshot

Carver said...

Those look great. Good shots of them.

Pretty Life Online said...

whew... Yummmy!!! Happy WS!

Snap Catch said...

that's look so yummy! thanks for the kind comment... Happy WS!

si kiky said...

i just knew it named kok zai, all i can do is eating those from my indonesian-chinesse friends...:))

Anonymous said...

Advance Happy Chinese New Year!
Now I learned a new thing from you.It looks like similar to Empanada here in the Philippines, just don't know if they're the same.

Anonymous said...

happy chinese new year!

u make my tummy hungry! yummy!

happy WS!

mine is up too! see yah there!

http://www.pinoynetwork.org/vera

etteY said...

delish!

Sharon said...

YUM!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy!

Trinity said...

sluuuurrppp... they are very good at making them! hehehehe

eastcoastlife said...

Don't bluff lah! You helped to eat also! hahaha....

Bring your kids to the Eunos carnival and watch the people go crazy trying to catch 4D! hehe....

Natalie said...

Those sound interesting, I'd like to try one someday.

Come visit my weekend snapshot if you get a chance. :)

maiylah said...

they look like some of our goodies here, too .. though ours isn't sweet but filled with meat and vegetables.
this is making me hungry! ;P

Anonymous said...

The CNY is getting nearer ... some of our Chinese friends are preparing for the occasion, too.

HartofDixie said...

Wow does that take long to prepare.
Looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Thats interesting cookies. But i like eating it tasty...

Peter Lyle said...

Ei there! Thanks for the visit. Yummy stuff you have there! I want some i'm hungry already! c",)

CHIKAI ♥ said...

can i have some? ;)

at least you helped eh. lol!

please check out my entry HERE. thanks! :)

Thess said...

I simply want to grab a few from my screen, yummy!!

Happy WS:

Thess of:
http://dagboek.thesserie.com/index.php/badly-needed-break/

Anonymous said...

that looks really yummy! is it hard to make? looked like fried dumplings from afar

Lynn said...

Dumplings are great pig-out foods!

Emzkie said...

wow! i miss chinese foods!! i never get enough of dumplings when I was in Taiwan. Advance Kong xei Fat chai!!

SabineM said...

Oh those look lovely! Send some over!
In case I forget next week, Happy New YEar! Year of the rat! ;-)

I am composing (finally I KNOW) my 7 random things!
I will post it tomorrow!

Linky Love said...

yummies!!!!

Dazeree Joan said...

Looks really good! YUM!

Anonymous said...

save money if can bake cookies...things r so expensive nowadays (

ellen said...

looks so delicious!....woww--chinese new year is fast approaching!....advanced happy new year to you!...

J@n!ce said...

Yummy...how nice to make your own cookies for CNY :)

Good job :)

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD