PhotoHunt

old fashion car
Old Fashion Car

old fashion scale1old fashion scale2
Old Fashion Weighing Scale
old fashion brewerstove & chop board

(Left)Old Fashion Medicine Brewer . (Right)Old Fashion Stove & Kitchen ChopBoard.



Had no problems with this week's PhotoHunt theme, since there are so many old fashion items hanging around my house.

That old fashion car belongs to someone's grandpa in DD's school. The sounds of the engine - imagine Ferari with a broken exhaust pipe! *shudders*

The weighing scale goes back to my grandparents time. We have that in our living room as display now. Should I consider that as Family Heirloom?

The medicine brewer is still used currently for brewing smelly chinese herbal medicine. No joke! It's really stinko!

The chop board is still around for chopping meat. The Man uses it,saying the plastic ones I got from Ikea are too "light" in weight. *Roll.My.Eyes*

The old stove brings memories to my late nanny. She use to boil really good chinese soups with it. Now it's an white elephant hiding in a corner of our kitchen.

73 Divulge:

Unknown said...

those are such great finds! Happy hunting.

eastcoastlife said...

You own these old-fashioned items? I only have the old fashioned chopping board.

The puppet show's next to the Chinatown Heritage Centre. You were at Chinatown tonight too!?

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@ECL, ya lor all those things except for that lao-pok car are from my house heeheee...
Heritage Centre is the shophouse next to the Porridge King?
Yup was @ chinatown until 9plus :P

Anonymous said...

Oh I have thos old fashion medicine brewer, and stove, and chop board!... Is my home too old-fashioned?! :D

Mine are up:
www.nottypooch.com/listen
and
www.nottypooch.com/mydogdiary

eastcoastlife said...

Yes, the puppet show is just next to Porridge King. I left around 8.30pm, it was so crowded and hot. It was impossible to walk! I hate the sweaty, smelly bodies shoving me. yucks.

Juliana said...

hehehe....you have lots of old fashioned. GREAT pics

My Old fashioned

Anonymous said...

Love your entries. These are not just old-fashioned, these were quite useful too.

Have a great weekend! :)

My PH entries:

http://teacherjulie.com/2008/01/26/photo-hunt-old-fashioned/

http://homeschooling.teacherjulie.com/2008/01/26/photo-hunt-old-fashioned/

Anonymous said...

Nice images of old-fashioned stuff. Thanks for dropping by mine!

Michele said...

Love the old fashioned items... the scales intrigue me...

ipanema said...

oh, what lovely old things you have. is that a 'kapsiu' [medicine brewer]? we still use wooden chopping board way back in my hometown but nowadays, plastics can be found anywhere.

thanks for the visit! :)

Carver said...

Those are all great for the theme. Lovely photographs. Hope you have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Those are all so cool! Love the old car!

Tokenhippygirl said...

What a great collection. I especially love the car. Where can I get one of those?

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with The Man about the plastic chopping boards!

Great selection of items for the theme.

Anonymous said...

Interesting photos! Did you go to a museum someplace?
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Harajuku PearL said...

Nice collection here. I never thought of that medicine brewer. My mom still use it!!..happy hunting!

Pearl

Liz said...

Wow! You have a great collection of old-fashioned things. Happy hunting.
http://mlizcochico.blogspot.com/2008/01/photo-hunt-old-fashioned.html

Anonymous said...

Great entries for old-fashioned. Have a great weekend.

jmb said...

You do have a great number of old fashioned things to choose from in your house. Great photos for the theme.
Thanks for visiting

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE your old fashioned photos. I am truly impressed. Wow. It's great.

Thanks for the visit.

CRIZ LAI said...

My dad's car was as old as that. I think he bought it in 1964. Cool collections you have there. I can't remember when was the last time I ever use a charcoal stove .. haha :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!:) My grandad had the same car:) hehe

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great examples of old fashioned items! :) All very interesting! :) The car is very cool. :)

Dragonheart & Merlin

Snap Catch said...

good shot for the theme... thanks for dropping ....

Anonymous said...

Thats very interesting stuff. Antiques...

Randi said...

Those are all great for the theme.
Are you living in a museum?
Nice photographs.

Julie said...

great photos for this weeks theme. Love the one of the car.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lovely photos :)

Mine's up too!

Heart of Rachel said...

Lovely choices. That's a great weighing scale and yes, I think you can consider it as a wonderful family heirloom.

I've never seen a medicine brewer before. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

nice entry for this week! have a great weekend! :)

 gmirage said...

Now those are really old-fashioned! Must cost a lot though as antiques! I especially like the car photo. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

A great collection of old-fashioned things!

Thanks for visiting mine :)

Theodwyn said...

Nice pictures! That old car... sounds dreadful! should refurbish it and keep it as an antique, it'll fetch a good price later. That choping board makes me smile. There're several in my house which we still use.

Anonymous said...

All your pictures reminds me of the days I was still Malaysia. Those were the things my grandma used for her cooking.

Anonymous said...

The old fasion stove and kitchen chopboat still can find in my home ^^

Anonymous said...

Great old things, that should be cherished! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have quite a variety! These are great.

Utah Mommy said...

wow lotsa old ones here nice and good shots! Happy weekend! Mine is up too! Please visit.

imac said...

Hi, Some very old fashioned items there for Photo Hunt.Great post. also like your fav flower photo too, you have a nice blog here enjoyable.

Thanks for visiting my lil ol blog and your kind comments.

Anonymous said...

these are interesting old-fashioned photos. and you still have this around. wow!

Dragonstar said...

Thanks for visiting. You have an interesting blog (I've just been reading about the fright your son gave you!)
I love these old-fashioned things you show.

ellen b. said...

you've got some great shots of some antiques there! happy hunting...

Anonymous said...

u must have an interesting home if all these and more r in yr home :)

larawannabe said...

i like the classic look on the old-fashion car, but not the sound of its engine please ;) i've seen the old-fashion weighing scale at this sensei shop near where i live. i think all sensei shops have one. the old-fashion medicine brewer was last seen used by my late granny to brew jamu for my mom and aunt during confinement. and she brew it over that old fashion stove you have. lol.

thanks for visiting mine :D

maryt/theteach said...

Love seeing these really old-fashioned items, nap! Thanks for sharing!

JesieBlogJourney said...

Maybe the old fashioned car is worth a lot. I have used the stove, chopping board and brewing pot. I don't remember the weighing scale. Things that are old fashioned become collectibles and may be worth a lot of money in the U.S. In M'sia, I threw anything less efficient away and go for the fast speed appliances instead. I wish I have kept them.

Thanks for visiting mine. I have replied to your question on the price too.

Happy photo hunting.

Mark said...

I'd love a car likr that, does it go like a Ferari too

Eddy said...

i like the traditional type of chinese medicine brewer.. seems so close to me haha ^^

si kiky said...

the medicine brewer was cool! you owned that?

Heather said...

Great shots!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I love seeing old cars like that out on the road...

Corey~living and loving said...

all really great choices. The oven interests me the most.

have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great photos for today. Thats a neat looking old car. I would definitely turn my head if that car drove past.

Bitch@Workz said...

for a moment, i thought that weighing scales is from some museum!
how come i never saw that before when i were at your hse?!?!

Jientje said...

The car made me smile, and the scales ... Well I'm a Libra, so...
Thanks for visiting!

jams o donnell said...

THat's quite a selection of old things. Great choices!

Liz Hinds said...

What a fantastic chopping board! And imagine your nanny cooking on that stove!

Lovely items. THe scales must be a point of conversation when you have guests. And I have an old Beetle: I could have used that I suppose!

Tom said...

Your entries are great and really old-fashioned. Have a great weekend.

Baba said...

Wow... You have a wonderful collection of old fashioned things...thanks for your visit to my place today...

Anonymous said...

That's a fine collection of old-fashioned pics. Have a lovely weekend!

SabineM said...

Wow those are fabulous! I would love to own those! They are definitely old fashioned!

Anonymous said...

perfect pix for old-fashioned. keep it up

Anonymous said...

Great old-fashioned photos!

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are really cool Old Fashioned items! I like that you still use some of them:)
Mickey

Sarge Charlie said...

very nice

Janet said...

I love that you have so many old-fashioned things around :)

Anonymous said...

Ha!! That's really an old-fashioned brewer. My grandmother still uses that to boil water. haha (=

Anonymous said...

wow!! that medicine brewer is something that my mum still uses. :) good stuff....o not to mention that chopping board too. :) great shots!

Anna said...

Those are beautifl, great photos for this week themed.....Mine is up too:
Every Beat Of My Heart

poor man's nicole richie said...

you have so many collector's items there. i love the medicine brewer. never seen anything like that.

Trinity said...

waaaa... precious collections!

CHIKAI ♥ said...

wow! you have a lot of old fashioned stuff here. ;) thanks for sharing and thank you so much for checking out my photohunt entry. ;)

BLOGSILOG

shiera (bisdakbabbles) said...

do you own these stuffs?
I'm afraid of keeping old stuffs and I blame all those horror movies. :D

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD