PhotoHunt

Tree Trunks - The origins of Wood.
This tree was strike by lightning.
It's currently preserved by Jacob Ballas Garden.


Long before the invention of the Electric Chair.
A
wooden interrogation chair used by the Koreans in ancient days.
This picture was taken at
Dae Jeum Gum filming site in Seoul.
Those who have watched the drama, would have seen this chair where they question the criminals and torture them in it.




I was awarded these 2 awards from Ellen of Deep Down The Heart

Award from EllenHeartBeats

Award from EllenHeartBeats


I'm glad that she thinks I've got a Fabulous Blog. She too has got an interesting and fabulous blog. Do that time to visit her blog if you haven't met this sweet lady :)





81 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

The wooden chair looks unique..

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like the second pic too~ Happy hunting ya!

Satkuru said...

wow, a wooden chair for interrogation :P great shot.

MaR said...

Striking first picture! never heard of an "interrogation chair" before... interesting, to say the least, lol!
Happy PH and happy weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Poor tree. And that is a really cool wooden interrogation chair. Lol. Maybe I should get one to torture someone.

Anonymous said...

I've seen that in their soaps ;) Great choice.

Anonymous said...

Great choices for the theme. The second photo is interesting. Happy weekend.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Good shots. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great photos for wooden! have a wonderful weekend...

jams o donnell said...

Wow! A great take on this week's theme. Happy weekend

Anonymous said...

The photo says it all for the theme;-)Happy Weekend!

Carver said...

The tree trunk is beautiful. The interrogation chair is interesting and somewhat frightening. Have a great weekend.

ipanema said...

wow, the interrogation chair is by far the most unique i've seen around. great photos all!

Anonymous said...

Interrogation chair? I thought its for carrying people! That is a little frightening.

Have a great weekend, Ling.

Anonymous said...

A wooden chair for interrogation?! I wonder how it works. Looks tough and strong though.

jmb said...

I hate to think what they did in the wooden interrogation chair. What a great photo of the tree. Have a good weekend, Napaboaniya

Anonymous said...

The wooden chair is so cool!

Natalie said...

Those are cool choices! Wow...I'd hate to be near a tree when it gets hit by lightening.

CRIZ LAI said...

This is cute. Ancient interrogation chair? i thought they used bamboos on the fingers...aikss~~ :P

Hop in for some fun to have a more alert mind this weekend in Criz’s Sanctuary and/or have a look into the history of the Chinese culture in Insight Criz. Have a nice weekend!

Heather said...

GReat shots--the second is abit creepy thuogh.

Trinity said...

really interesting entires, Elaine!!
I really love that 'chair' shot.. beautiful, ancient yet.. hm.. horror.. haha ha electric chair?? Waaaaa... i wonder how many people were killed on that chair?

Trinity said...

eh mine is up.. hihi

Rooms in my heart

eastcoastlife said...

I'm familiar with the Top 10 Chinese Tortures, this Korean torture chair is new to me wor. Must go find out more so can make one to torture some people. hahaha.....

Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend,sweetie;)

Heart of Rachel said...

Great photos. It's good that the tree trunk is currently given care so that it can be preserved.

That wooden chair must have been a source of fear at that time.

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW.....that chair brings emotion. wonderful choice for the theme.
happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting looking chair.

Seeing that tree trunk reminds me of another picture I good have posted.

Jen said...

I almost did something similar and post a picture of some huge trees we saw in New Zealand. But, I just did tree's close by our home instead! Awesome pictures!

Anonymous said...

It must be "exciting" sitting on the chair waiting to be shocked. LOL!

bonggamom said...

Yikes, the torture chair is creepy, it looks so spindly but I'm sure it holds a screaming prisoner quite firmly (I told you it creeps me out!)

Juliana said...

what an unique chair :D

mine in here

Anonymous said...

wow..you have nice wooden pics in here.

Will you visit my “wooden“

Anonymous said...

That chair is an interesting piece! I'm just not sure it can hold my weight. =)

Barb said...

Both examples leave me feeling quite sad. The tree lost it's life, and likely spme of the people in the chair.

Anonymous said...

great wooden shots! awesome!

happy weekend!!
Mine`s up,too!

thanx,
ghee

Anonymous said...

It's quite easyt to escape from that interrogation chair. :D

Anonymous said...

interseting shots!

my hairs raised with the chair lol!

Harajuku PearL said...

Oh yes, I was one of those die hard fans who watch Dae Jaeunggum and got the DVD to speed up the episode, watching it till 3am in the morning!!!!

Nice pictures here.

PEarl

Smalltown RN said...

that is perfect and you just gave me a great idea to add to my photo hunt this week. Cheers...

Bengbeng said...

wouldnt want to go near that interrogation chair..iiks! can u imagine the human suffering

LibertyBelle said...

Your fabulous photo really caught the great forces of nature!
Super!
Thanks for dropping by.
Happy weekend
L

Gypsy at heart said...

Interesting post! Thanks for stopping by mine....

Cindy said...

I've never seen an interrogation chair before- definitely a unique take on the theme!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh great shots, Ling! Great picks for wooden... And your kids could spin my wooden mirror any time they want. It would be fun! :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Wow!! what a lot of wood!! Great for today!! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me this morning. I am so happy to have new guests. Please come back again. Sandy

Anonymous said...

I need one of those chairs for my teenagers! ;-)

Great photos this week.

Mine are up...come visit!

http://lorivillarreal.typepad.com/do_you_realize/

Anonymous said...

Two such different takes on the theme; but very interesting takes!! Thanks for sharing them.

maryt/theteach said...

Oh Ling, thank you, thank you! I can't believe you made that for me! You're very thoughtful! :) I'm putting it in my sidebar for everyone to see!

Unknown said...

very inspiring , the wooden chair remind me of a huge wooden chair i found on kampa island prague,czech republic in the middle of river back of art musuem

Love Bears All Things said...

I like the first photo, looks like a sculpture with the objects below it.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Interesting shots. I really like the info on the torture chair. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I loved the preserved wooded tree and I hated the torture chair. Boy, a picture sure can evoke a great deal of emotion.

Great shots!

LogicYuan said...

the wooden chair looks like a big torture

mine's up here.

jenny said...

Kind of a scary wooden photo! Much pain and anguish had taken place there. But good shot, good idea.

Have a Nice Weekend!

tx sweetie said...

very interesting photos up there.i like the old chair ehhh..

check out mine too

Wooden Harley Davidson motorcycle

Susan Demeter said...

Both great choices!!! Happy photo hunting!

Dragonstar said...

That tree is a work of art! Beautiful.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

we have a tree like that near here we call a hawk tree because it sits there often

JesieBlogJourney said...

Great pictures. Normally I see coconut tree stumps but this one is different. I want to be naive like a little kid to admire the chair and not to know what it was used for.

I'm usually late. Hope you like my hunt.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific photos! That's a very interesting interrogation chair. Thanks for sharing.

mjsterling said...

That wooden chair looks so old and unique.
Wooden Doorway
Wooden Staircase

YTSL said...

Ooo err re that wooden interrogation chair. The mind boggles re how it actually got used! ;(

Utah Mommy said...

You did a great job in finding those wooden stuffs! Happy weekend!
MY LIFE MY WORLD
SWEET PARADISE

PastormacsAnn said...

I was coming up dry for this week. I came by here and your inspired me. Love your choice for our theme.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What an amazing tree. And the chair is an interesting part of history!

 gmirage said...

Sorry I always comment late...=D Poor tree...the interrogation chair is really a curious thing! Great takes! Happy weekend!

Lisa said...

Great photos - wouldn't want to be sitting in that wooden chair!! Enjoy your weekend.

Jientje said...

Awww! I don't think I'd want to know what they do with that chair? !!!!
Great pictures though, it's wooden allright!

Kimo and Sabi said...

We would scratch that chair all up!

Tokenhippygirl said...

That chair... not a place I'd want to have a seat! Happy hunting!

Anonymous said...

I cannot remember seeing that in Dae Jeum Gum, but it's OK because I can have a clearer view of it from your shot. Lovely. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

The chair is awesome! Happy weekend!

ian said...

interesting wooden objects! glad to have not been near those objects when they gained their, um, reputation hehe

Anonymous said...

a special and wonderful wooden chair
come and visit mine too
My wooden House
Wooden post

Anonymous said...

Your message bottle is now afloat in the vast blogosphere ocean. You are Message In a Bottle #24.
Feel free to toss in a bottle whenever you feel the urge to send a message. The blocean is always open.

Message In a Bottle #24

Anonymous said...

Geezzz.... that chair gives me the creeps....thanks for sharing! Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Have a good week!

SabineM said...

Lovely shots! I love the second one!

Liz Hinds said...

I thought, 'What a nice chair', until I read what it was for!!!

Lovely tree stump though.

Aisha said...

Oh wow! That's an amazing story about the chair. Sad that they used it as a torture seat but it's a good picture for the photohunt theme.

Anonymous said...

Amazing chair and story ... great to find you guys here ;)

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD