Feb 17, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #10

Weekend SnapShot


Click to enlarge

We went to Bugis for a walk. I couldn't help noticing this modern trishaw (3 wheeler transportation) parked at the side of the street. Fixed up with what seems like a motor within the frame of it with a design that almost screams out Harley Davidson!!
Trishaws used to be a form of public transport in the olden days. Currently in Singapore, they are now a mode of slow transport for tourists sightseeing purposes. I also found out that they provide trishaw rides on Sentosa. Imagine a ride around Sentosa? Might be of captivating experience for tourists to be driven cycled around the island in a trishaw taking in all the sights!!


My notebook or is it Mozilla? Which ever it is? My Chinese fonts are viewable once more and I'm more than pleased! I couldn't read any Chinese characters the past couple of months. It was nightmare! Last week, it suddenly worked again. I'm still unsure what caused it to work. But I'm still NOT able to read the Chinese fonts in IE7. *arghz*

32 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

Cool! A purple trishaw, ;) Happy WS.

Barb said...

A motorized bicycle rickshaw? Very cool.

Liz said...

I would love to tour the city riding on a trishaw. Happy WS.

SandyCarlson said...

If it works, paint it purple! That's a wonderful form of transportation. Great shot!

Anonymous said...

It comes in purple! First thing that entered my mind was Harley Davidson even before reading your post. Cool, lol.

Carver said...

That is unusual looking. Makes sense though to have a motor and easier on the person transporting the tourists around. Good shot. Hope you have a great weekend.

maryt/theteach said...

Ling, that's a really beautifully tricked out trishaw! I'd like to go touring in it! Thanks for sharing this weekend! Enjoy! :)

Skippyheart said...

a custom made trishaw...cool!

eat your heart out Harley Davidson owners...lol!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so unique. The design is great too!

Have a great week, Ling :)

Another WS:

White Clouds

eastcoastlife said...

I was at Chinatown today and saw a trishaw too. Lucky I didn't post that up or else we would be talking about the same thing. hehe....

Emzkie said...

hahaha.. thats so cool! i like the color too! =)

Lilli & Nevada said...

Wow that is really neat

larawannabe said...

one smokin' lookin' trishaw!

mine's up. have a great week :)

Juliana said...

cool....

Will you visit My WS Thanks

Anonymous said...

In indonesia we said "becak". Thanks for sharing in here.

My WS at children farm
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

They offer trishaw rides now around Sentosa? That's fun!! I was there in 1992 and did not experience trishaw ride.

Happy WS!

Jeanne said...

that trishaw is cool in purple :) happy WS

Anonymous said...

That's very cool! I missed Singapore:)

Anonymous said...

I really love the color!....Happy WS...TC my friend

etteY said...

great shot! :)

Sharon said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Natalie said...

That does look like something only a tourist would do.

Anonymous said...

cool trishaw. it must be very expensive to roam around Sentosa.

Emmyrose said...

Looks cool, would love to ride in one of those.

Happy week ahead!

tigerfish said...

Geeez...so hip! Fit for fashion parade. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Cool. Not sure I would want someone cycling me around.

Anonymous said...

ha, i've been to singapore million times but never get a chance to try trishaw :( pity me

Bengbeng said...

wouldnt mind a ride on it myself :)

Anonymous said...

I love it's color!

Anonymous said...

I like to ride it too.

Marla said...

That is totally cool looking.

Heart of Rachel said...

Lovely colors! In the Philippines, we have similar mode of transportation. We have tricycles (using motorcycles) and sidecars (using bicycles).

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD