Mar 9, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #13

Weekend SnapShot


*Click picture to enlarge*

Visit to the Mandai Orchid Garden,Singapore.
All different species of orchids.
Trust my 6 year old son to give us a tour of the place since his teacher brought the whole school there for an excursion recently. He was raving about a 'Water Park' there. Thinking it should be fun we followed him around the place hunting down the so-called 'Water Park'.
This was the 'Water Park'.

*Click photo to enlarge*

Anyone out there speechless as well?!?!
The water park was nothing worth the excitement at all!!!

IT Show 2008 Singapore



After dinner with L. We headed to Suntec Convention Hall for the IT Show 2008. The place was packed with people!! I'm lucky to have survived in midst of the crowd and not getting squashed to death! Some really cool cheap deals at the show. I wanted to get an external hard-disk since my current notebook is almost up to the 'brim' loaded with photos and music files. But the flow of people there was a killer! It was walk ahead walk ahead and avoid been squashed to death as top priority.



I miss miss R.

41 Divulge:

Barb said...

I'm seeing lots of Orchids this weekend and they are making me miss mine! I may have to go shopping!

SandyCarlson said...

These orchids are gorgeous. Your whole weekend is gorgeous, actually! God bless.

Butchay said...

wow!!! orchids!! i love them, i was able to grow orchids before, just 2 kinds, but I guess i dont have that green thumb that they say though...lovely...everything is just lovely here...happy weekend

Anonymous said...

The orchids look wonderful at least. Colorful in fact.

poor man's nicole richie said...

i'm actually LOLing. you know how kids are into exaggerating things. they're simply amusing.
i love the shot of the flowers though. very calming. they relieved my headache.

Morning Sniffles

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

the orchids are just beautiful, happy weekend

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! I've been to that Orchid Farm before:) Awesome pics and looks like you had a fab weekend!

Anonymous said...

Lovely orchids! My mom used to have quite a number of them when we were younger but then she doesn't have much time taking care of them now.

Happy WS!

eastcoastlife said...

hehehe.... I almost went to Mandai Orchid Gardens this morning, but it was raining very heavily, so I gave up.

I will NEVER go to another computer fair no matter how cheap things are. Yucks.

Bengbeng said...

singapore is always such a nice place for tourists

Haydee said...

I enjoyed viewing your pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Emmyrose said...

Beautiful photos and I love the orchids.
Thanks for stopping by!

Heart of Rachel said...

Those orchids are beautiful. Thanks for sharing that lovely collage. Sorry you were disappointed about the water park. At least seeing the flowers was worth the trip.

Wow, so many people in that event. I think you made the right decision of not squeezing with the crowd to buy that external hard disk.

SabineM said...

lovely shots! The Orchids are amazing
What software do you use to put your photos in a collage or side by side like you do!
can you email me? Email on my profile!
THANKS
:-)

Anonymous said...

Makes me wanna go to Singapore now! Great shots of those beautiful orchids!

Have a great week ahead!

Sasha
She

Anonymous said...

We planned to go to that orchid garden when we were there in 2005, but something came up.

amazing for a 6 year old being your tour guide =) cute!

Carver said...

The orchids are gorgeous and the water park too. Lovely shots.

larawannabe said...

i LOVE orchids. i wanted to start my own collection soon. hopefully, it'll live and not die too soon in my hands ;)

a secret i discovered for walking (and breathe) in IT Shows -- get ur kid to sit in a pram and ram your way through. lol!

have a great week ahead! :)

Liz said...

beautiful pictures! love the orchids ;)

happy ws.

Jeanne said...

i love orchids.... happy WS

maryt/theteach said...

Ling, having a terrible time with my cable connectivity. I was lucky this time to get to you and say your post is funny! - some Water Park. Ha! Don't give up on me if I don't get around to you for a couple of days. My cable company is promising me that Wednesday things will be much better...Ha!

maryt/theteach said...

Oooo, sorry I meant to say the orchids are lovely though! :D

Anonymous said...

ooohhh...love the colors of the orchids! busy place u have there!

mine is up too!
http://www.pinoynetwork.org/vera
see yah!
happy WS!

Skippyheart said...

orchids are always so lovely! great shots. :)

Happy WS. ~ Skippyheart

Anonymous said...

looked like you have a busy weekend...come to jakarta next week, there will be computer & fotography expo here! the biggest one

Anonymous said...

gorgeous orchids! :D

chartao said...

nice photographs of the orchids!!

i was at the it show on sat evening, quite a huge crowd, need to squeeze here and there.

initially wanted to get an external HDD, but later just think save $$ first and get a 2GB thumb drive!

tigerfish said...

Geez...I forgot there is an IT show going on now! Gosh, missing all those goodies! But in a sense, can I say I'm lucky not being to attend? Coz if I were to, I would end up spending $ on that ultra mobile PC I've been dreaming of recently :O

Anonymous said...

ohh,i love orchids!thanx for sharing :)

happy ws!

ghee

Emzkie said...

thanks for the visit and the comment on my WS Napa. the place was really great for family, i hope it will stay clean and order forever. I see that you had a great weekend too. great shots with the flowers. =)

Anonymous said...

those orchids are awesome! what a lovely place! that IT Show looks like a success! I'm so sure I'd have been there if I lived near the area, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos of the orchids!

ellen said...

I fell in love with the flowers...Have a great week napaboaniya...muaahhh

Anonymous said...

Hi Ling... nice collection of orchids! We have a farm here in Davao City I think like the one in Singapore. Have a nice day!

Ladynred said...

wow! what a nice weekend! I love those orchids.

Anonymous said...

Wow thats pretty flowers... Happy WS!

Anonymous said...

my mom will drool if she sees these orchid photos! they are so pretty! :)

have a great week!

Sheena said...

Wow... that's a cool feature! How did you do it? Btw, thanks for swinging by.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. I love orchids, my mom grows orchids... we have those violet ground orchids like the ones in your photos(Philippines).

Joyismygoal said...

except i like that water park too and the place is so exquisite w/ orchids

Joyismygoal said...

I am so late for some reason my blog couldn't post pictures till this AM

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD