Aug 24, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #37

Weekend SnapShot


I did paper money origami. Except these ain't normal paper.
These are money....money for the dead.
In a few days time, it will be my grandmother's death anniversary.
We'll be burning these money for her to spend in the other world.
We could have simply burnt it as it is, unfolded.
But it's said, that folding the money into the shape of an ingot enhances the value.
So here I am doing money origami.....
I've still got a long way to go with the many stacks we bought...GUlPZ!

My other WSS @ Napaboaniya APAD

Author of Blog


Napaboaniya APAD

19 Divulge:

eastcoastlife said...

It's times like this that make us complain why didn't I have more children? hahaha....

Luckily I have done my duty...send money to my ancestors. I'm their God of Fortune. haha...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that informations,Elaine. I never knew that. Happy Evening!

escape said...

wow! a very interesting tradition.

Anonymous said...

I used to make that a lots to send to my opa and oma

Mine in here : The Tall Ships Races. Thanks

Juliana said...

i didn't do that anymore since i live in here :D

My WS : in here Thanks

ellen said...

I used to do the same thing. have a great week ahead and happy monday dearie!

tigerfish said...

Silver ingots? Where are the gold ones? :P

Anonymous said...

i wonder what the dead are buying? lol.

Carver said...

That's an interesting custom. I like learning something new and your post was my something new for the day.

eastcoastlife said...

Oh no!! Time to buy a new notebook. :P

tigerfish is back in SIN... haha... Let's meet up for tea. She will let us know, she's still unpacking. :D

marcia@joyismygoal said...

you are a loyal grand daughter

chartao said...

I think i've forget how to fold these...

Anonymous said...

Lots of papers to fold but traditions are traditions :)

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@eastcoastlife,

How nice if we could just send them a cheque!!

@tigerfish,
gold ingots after folding the silver ones...wanna come help me fold? :P

@leonard,

come come! I refresh your memory into folding them, in return u help me fold ok?

MiLeT said...

i never knew that. thanks for sharing.

nway, i do hope the reformatting goes smoothly.

my ws entry is here. hope you can take a peek. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh no i complain sometimes why my son act like this and like that but i guess life is not interesting without some troubles heheh am i right? TC

aeirin said...

very interesting

Hope you visit mine Weekend Snapshot

SandyCarlson said...

That's an interesting tradition. A beautiful one. I am sorry about your notebook!

Anonymous said...

i've seen this done by some of my chinese friends..its an interesting tradition.

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD