Sep 7, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #39

Weekend SnapShot

Didn't go out anywhere this weekend. Kids had playmates over to entertain themselves. They boys were engrossed with playing the PSP. The girls were taking turns giving my dog a ride on the bicycle. They attended a swim birthday party at the pool, but it rained after a while. *bummer*

My other WSS entry of @ Napaboaniya APAD

~|~

I'm trying to get over my disappointment that helper won't be back till at least another 10 days...
Was so looking forward to picking her up from the airport on Monday night. I'm ending up calling the ticketing office on Monday to re-purchase another ticket for her.

Helper's trip home has been a nightmare for her as well, her grandmother and her youngest brother passed away. Anyone losing 2 close ones days apart is heartbreaking!

From what I know, her brother whom broke his arm 2 years ago, has been living in solitude. His arm was never cured, unable to move it at all. He lives in his room the entire day, only going for walks in the village in the wee hours of the night to avoid meeting people.
One day the past week, he couldn't talk or move at all. They sent him to the hospital but was turned away saying there was nothing left to do. They brought him home, due to the grief, their grandmother passed away.
Yesterday, the brother finally breathe his last.

A nightmare trip for helper I will conclude.

As for me, it's another 10 more days or so........

Author of Blog
Napaboaniya APAD

19 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

Oh..I know about that PSP! :) So, the helper is back there already eh? I'm happy for you!~

We had fun at the Zoo yesterday!~

Happy Evening there!Mine is HERE

eastcoastlife said...

My nieces and nephews are so 'buried' in their PSPs! I confiscated the toys and dragged them out for lunch. hng.

eastcoastlife said...

Alamak, your maid ah, not coming back liao lah. You going to be botak soon! :P

maryt/theteach said...

Oh Elaine, that's a terrible story about the brother and the grandmother of your helper. I'm sorry. I hope she returns to you soon. School starts for me next week. Hope you're having a good weekend... :)

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@ Yen,
Another week more, she extended her vacation...

@eastcoastlife,
want to sponsor me a wig? :P

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@ Mary,

yup, sad case. Her vacation has turned into her nightmare more than mine :(

School starts here for my kiddos too :P

Anonymous said...

That's too bad the kids swim party was rained out but they look like they are having fun anyway. Good shots of them intent on the PSP.

Kero said...

oh some opf my son's older playmates are so engrossed with their PSPs haha. come check out my entry too here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com/search/label/weekend%20snapshot

Anonymous said...

my hubby has a psp and i have a nintendo ds. hee hee.

what happened to your helper's family is so sad. i feel for her.

have a great week ahead!

The Stove
Stalking the Bees...Again!

~Mommyallehs~ said...

I have a PSP too. hope ur helper will back soon.

tigerfish said...

It has been raining without reason these few weeks. Know it is monsoon but it rains anytime of the day. Cannot predict wan!

stan said...

yea the kids i know r crazy over PSPs...the invasion of technology. Well, they are fortunate compared to the b/w games I had to play during my childhood days!

Anonymous said...

i feel comfy if the playmates just come at home, too! i feel better thinking when would my girl come back from playing with her friends. :)

Juliana RW said...

we also didn't go anywhere this week because of raining :((

Please stop by also at my WS post : in HERE and HERE Thanks

Jeanne said...

my girl loves to play PS2 :D

MINE is here.

Anonymous said...

hahaa kids now a days are so crazy with video games. =)

Anonymous said...

The nephew really wants a PSP.

That is awful news for the helper.

SandyCarlson said...

Indoor weekends can be the best!

Anonymous said...

Better to have the quiet in one place that all over the house messing up with your things.

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD