Sep 28, 2008

Weekend SnapShot #42

Weekend SnapShot

F1 Singapore
With F1 first ever night race held in Singapore this weekend.
Basically, unless you've got tickets to the event. You're pretty much stuck at home or elsewhere watching the event from a screen. 4 digits for the grandstand tickets! An avid fan of the Formula 1 but forking out 4 digits for a 3 day event is way beneath my means.
F.Alonso of Renault CHEQUERED FLAG in Singapore F1 GP
It has been an extremely eventful Race Day of the first ever night race and street race in Formula 1 history.
Safety car deployed twice, with 4 stops(Kimi, Sutil, Barrichello & Piquet) and 2 retired (Trulli & Webber). Massa, Kubica and Rosberg were investigated and penalised.
Massa's performance was actually a nightmare at the street race and leaving the pit-stop with the fuel hose still in his car.
So eventful I can't even put to words here. Definitely a dramatic race.
~|~

It has been a nitemare the past 4 days!! Something screwed up on my previous template (the white one). I changed the template and spent 4 days tweaking and trying to get it looking like this current one. I practically had a nightmare with all the xml/html codes swirling around my brain! ZZzzz
Do you prefer the old white template or this current template?
*Update* Most preferred the white template due to eye strains from the black.
I've change the body background to white leaving my new black header on top.
Is it better now?
~|~

Daughter & Father
Together with The Man here is the other woman in his life....
Snapping this picture from behind,they look like a couple. It's my daughter :P
This weekend, The Man celebrates his birthday.
Here's wishing him a Happy Happy Birthday apologising for spending too much of the weekend working on the template and hogging the TV for the practise,qualifying and race of F1 :X

Author of Blog

22 Divulge:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine! Nice new template! It looks nice but I like the white one:) But they're both fab! If you need help, I can help:)

My husband has been crazy watching TV with the F1! :D

Happy WS:)

Carver said...

I love the shot of your husband and daughter. The race surely sounds eventful. Sorry you're having template issues. I like the white page for my again eyes although the black page is attractive.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I like the new look. Dealing with all of the tweaking is why I hesitate to change mine. Too much time! :-)

Juliana said...

Hmmm...I prefer the old template, Elaine. I also don't understand with the xml code.

Please drop at my WS post also : in HERE Thanks

SabineM said...

lovely shots!
I love the one of your husband and your daughter! Adorable

Anonymous said...

The new template is okay Elaine! F1 reminds me of my office mate who loves to watch it so much.

eastcoastlife said...

Happy Birthday to The Man!! :D

What a dramatic race! I was riveted to my seat! I feel so sad for Massa. It's so suay for him.

Anonymous said...

hubby is so bummed because he subscribed to the sports channel purposely for the F1 race in singapore and for some reason, our dvr didn't record the race! the live broadcast here in texas was at 6:30am. hee hee.

happy birthday to "the man"! :D

Tapioca Pearls with Coconut Cream
Bridalveil Falls

Anonymous said...

fun weekend...Husband and daughter shot is cute....Happy WS!

MumbaiiteAnu said...

Beautiful shot of your hubby and daughter. Daughters are daddy's darlings always.

Drop by to see myWeekend at Infiniti Mall

HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

i've heard that tickets are really expensive...but i'm sure it's worth it. belated birthday greetings to your man

http://hipncoolmomma.com/?p=2094

chartao said...

Happy birthday to the man.

I didn't get to see the black background template. :(

Gemma Wiseman said...

You sound so frustrated and who can blame you! I just care whether you post your beautiful pics or not! The template is just your choice!

Lovely pic of your hubby and daughter! They seem like your backstop for sanity as it should be!

Anonymous said...

I like the shot of you husband and daughter, so sweet!

Great week ahead to you! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice shot sis! Happy bday to the Man! lol! Hope you 'll a fab week ahead!

Mine is up too hre ;
http://edsnanquil.com/?p=1072

http://edsmommylife.com/?p=625

SandyCarlson said...

Great photos. And I like the white background!

Heart of Rachel said...

Hubby is a big F1 fan. He wanted to fly to Singapore to watch it but as you said the F1 ickets are too pricey. We spent Sunday watching F1 race on TV.

Nice to see your hubby and daughter so close to one another.

tigerfish said...

Happy Birthday to Your Man

I like the white background too.

If there were no blunders in the F1 race, it would have been so boring.

maryt/theteach said...

I like it the way it is now, Elaine. Worth all the work! :)

Anonymous said...

White is nice :)

Ok, will not talk about that race for now so I will just greet you man a belated Happy Birthday! May all your wishes come true :)

Jeanne said...

nice new template...

Unknown said...

i like black. this one i like better. sad thing i really don't know how to change mine... i've been to different sites for free templates but i really couldn't figure it out how! hehehe...

anyway... vrooom, vrooooom! zooooom, zoooooooom!

happy bday to the man!

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD