Jan 30, 2008

Wordless Wednesday #6

View WW Participants


The Singapore Flyer
The World's Largest Observation Wheel.

Some facts and figures:

Wheel diameter: 150 metres
Height: 165 meters (the height of a 42-story building)
Ride duration: About 30 minutes
Capsules: 28 fully air-conditioned and UV protected capsules with capacity for up to 28 people each. Each capsule measure 4 meters by 7 meters.
View: Singapore’s city; from Changi Airport to Sentosa Island, and beyond into parts of Malaysia and Indonesia.

If you do not suffer from acrophobia, go catch a ride.
Remember to tell me how it goes ok :)

32 Divulge:

Heart of Rachel said...

Wow, I wonder if I can summon every ounce of courage in me to try that one. :)

Thanks for your comment on my WW. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. looks nice! We have a lot of Ferris Wheel here:)

Anonymous said...

Btw, can we exchange links? :)

ellen b. said...

Cool, I've been on the London Eye but this looks huge compared...

poor man's nicole richie said...

that's a whole new definition of ferris wheel. the difference is that the wind does not pass through.
30 minutes up there? i have to think twice.
Morning Sniffles

J@n!ce said...

I duno if I will try on it. I've got a fear of heights... haha...
Thanks for your comment over at mine :)

Serina Hope said...

Awesome. I rode the one at Navy Pier in Chicago and it was a lot of fun.

eastcoastlife said...

oi... you took the picture from the Expressway flyover!? I wanted to do that but my hubby stopped me. hehe....

Hope to ride it when it's ready.

Corey~living and loving said...

WOW! Great composition here.
happy WW!

Anonymous said...

Great shot! I used to like riding it when I was a kid but after an earthquake experience way back in the late 90's in TR,I developed fear of heights so not sure, if I'd like to try riding it again.

Happy WW!

Pretty Life Online said...

nice catch!!! Happy WW! mine's up too..

 gmirage said...

Hi I've tagged you!

http://mirageasusual.blogspot.com/2008/01/my-first-tag-post.html

please do if you have time! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Napaboaniya...Nice shot you got there though it looks like scary to me. I'm afraid of heights! Thanks for dropping by. I'll link you to my site if you don't mind..thanks again!

Anonymous said...

nice shot. happy WW!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my.....vertigo setting in!!! That is just one super huge ---well, I'm getting queasy. Your W W is excellent, as always.

Shannon said...

Is it open? My husband said it wasn't open when he was in S'pore this fall.

Write From Karen said...

I would love that! My son, not so much.

Write From Karen

Unknown said...

I am so afraid of those things! But they are pretty neat to be able to see for miles.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It looks great, but no way could I go on it.

jams o donnell said...

It looks just like teh London Eye but larger. Nice shot, happy WW

Tips_tricks said...

I have been in a Ferris Wheel twice. I love the feeling of getting scared and all. Thrill, yes.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see this for real one day. I hope.


ZAM aka Mama Meji

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

Wow what a wonderful photograph! I like it so much. :D

AutoSysGene said...

Cool photo! Happy WW!

Cynthia said...

I think I would be to scared to take a ride....

Gabriel said...

I love the picture. And the way you display them is fantastic. Very nicely done.

My post: Clowns in stripes

Happy WW!

kim said...

Nice shot. It looks like a postcard

Natalie said...

That looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

woman! go for a ride when it's ready lar. if not how? whole life don't travel via ECP? go say "GOODBYE"!!!

Rawr!!!!!

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@ Yen,
Sure! I've added you as well :)

@ eastcoastlife,
woman, I took that from a moving car :P

@ Bing,
Thanks for the link, I've added you as well :)

@ Shannon,
Officially open in March, but there's a Valentine Day promotion on, so I ain't sure too.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

@ AO,
ooei!!! Dun rawr liow lar! My screen shake! :P

Easier said than done hor. Though I'm trying hard, really hard but I've yet to "recover"..
When will I get over? I'm unsure as well.

How not to travel via ECP when it's the expressway linked to my house? However it hurts, I still stare at it everytime I pass it. "shen arh! jiu jiu wo ba!!"

You dun "chi ji" me already hor!! *stare at AO*

si kiky said...

L'll ride this on my next trip to singapore

Post a Comment

Do leave a link & I'll visit soon! Thanks!

My Photo Blog @
Napaboaniya APAD